Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It pisses me off when people pretend to understand what I've been through. When they pretend to understand what it feels like to lost your best friend and boyfriend to a drunk driving accident.
To see the idiot who killed the one person in my life I could always count on and hear him say "I'm sorry" and hope for forgiveness. To sit through a trial and watch that person get convicted but be faced with the knowledge that it doesn't change anything or make me feel any better.
To go to school and see the people that we both know, tiptoe around me. When people tell me that I'm young and will find someone else. I know that but please please please let me grieve.
So no, you don't understand and stop pretending like you do!

1 comment:

Megz said...

It sucks that you have so much to deal with. People DO need to let you grieve they need to know that saying IM SORRY isnt going to help. But you also have to remember that people dont always know what to say and they dont know how to feel for you. Im sorry just seems to be the generic thing to come out of peoples mouths after tradgedy has struck. Take time to deal with your loss how you want, cry, scream. Life thankfully does go on, but you dont have to try and GET OVER things, you just have to find where to place them in your life so you can CONTINUE.

Best of luck. x