Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It really pisses me off that my grandma and brother don't sympathize at all with me when it comes to the subject of my cousin molesting me.My brother hangs out with him all the time. Things never changed once he found out... He acts like it's nothing. I never told anyone, not even my psychologist, that the first time my cousin tried to do it, his only failed attempt, my brother was in the room, high as hell. I don't want anyone to blame him, especially himself. I don't think he even knows he was there. I keep telling myself that he can't have known what was happening, but I honestly don't know.

and my grandma... She and I used to be so close before it happened... and I really wasn't expecting her to defend him. I understand that we're both her grandchildren and that she didn't want to pick sides, but she could have at least said nothing at all. Referencing something similar that happened to my mom as a child and telling me that what happened to me isn't as bad so I should be okay made everything worse.I'm hurting! It's been nearly ten years now, and what he did to me still affects me like you wouldn't believe! I love you guys, but sometimes it's so hard for me to deal with your reactions whenever the subject is brought up. If what you have to say just makes things worse, just keep your mouth shut!

No comments: