Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It really pisses me off when people complain about the lazy people on welfare. They obviously know nothing about how hard it is to apply for any type of aid, let alone disability payments. The system is absolutely ridiculous. And I'm not pissed off because I am on welfare - I never have been. I'm pissed off because I work in the system and see all of the people that come in and have genuine needs and STILL cannot get any help from the system. Even people who do receive help only have about 6 dollars a day to live on. You try to pay rent with that.

5 comments:

Aisling said...

took the words right outta my mouth - ignorance angers me so much :|

Just Me said...

Im not sure its the ones who need help that people like me are concerned about. Its the ones that ABUSE it...the ones who are on welfare and medicaid for extended periods of time. It should be a means to an end NOT a way of living life.

mommy said...

Yes there is a huge difference between people that need it and people that abuse it.

For example, me. My son was born 11 weeks early, which made me have to go on maternity leave about 8 weeks early. Then, 1 week after he was born, my husband lost his job. I was broke. I had no income at all and it literally took me months to get any help because of the process.

Now, I know a girl who has been on cash assitance, well, forever, and she fakes the WorkFirst paperwork so that she can keep getting it. That is abuse and I think she needs to be cut the hell off.

A.M. said...

Yes. exactly what they said. It's the abuse of the system which angers us all. I think they need to set up more work programs rather than sit let some of them sit on their keisters doing nothing- like SOME people i know.

Anonymous said...

I hate that the system is so messed up that I can not get any assistance at all for my family because we make $30 above the cutoff limit.